How to make yummy soft cookies.
I’ve only made these a few times, but they’re super simple and only take 10 minutes prep time.
I also use an electric mixer.
To make chocolate cookies, I added cocoa powder to the dry mix.
- 250g plain flour I use mcdougalls
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- 170g melted butter
- 300g caster sugar or do half/half with brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract or pod, desired flavour of cookie i.e caramel
- 1 egg and 1 egg yolk
- 400g chocolate chips lots of fun other chips to choose from to mix it up
- Melt butter in pan
- Sift together the flour, powder and salt
- Pre heat the oven to gas mark 4 and grease baking trays with baking paper
- In a medium bowl cream together the melted butter and caster sugar until well blended.
- Beat in the vanilla and egg/yolk until creamy
- Add the sifted ingredients until it’s all blended
- If you’re using an electric mixer, take the bowl off now and add the chocolate chips in manually with a wooden spoon.
- Spoon cookie dough onto the baking trays – two tablespoons or whatever you think is best! Btw 4 tablespoons is massive. Don’t flatten the dough, the baking process will sort all that for you!
- Bake for 15 minutes or until they look a little toasted 🙂
Let me know if you make cookies and how you do it!